A Web or an online portal is a specially designed website that brings information from diverse sources, like emails, online forums and search engines, together in a uniform way.
A Portal may be used by various types of users – like a Government Portal, Corporate Portal, Cultural Portal, Search Portal or any kind of Personal Portal as per user’s requirement.
Let’s take an example of a portal made specifically for a lawyer. He can get a portal developed and have features like – login feature for admin, separate login for his clients where they can view dates, payment due date etc, payment gateway, a page that displays all his upcoming appointments, free dates, ability to schedule appointments, Image Gallery, Achievement list, and much more.
The same can be done/customised according to the needs of a user.
But how is a portal any different from a website?
Websites are for mainly used to drive lots of traffic, whereas web portals are for limiting traffic, made specifically for a group of users . Most web portals have a login feature, which will then allow the portal to deliver specific content according to the user.
When should you use a Portal?
- When you need to deliver specific content for your audience or if you want to create a specific experience for them
- You need much more control over what users see and interact with
- When you have multiple systems which need to be integrated in one
- When you need advanced user management features
What are the benefits of a Portal?
- Web portal simplifies integration issues
- It provides single sign-in for multiple features
- Provides personalization and customization
- They offer a development environment
- Allows more dynamic delivery
- They offer more functionality
Are you looking to get Portal Development Service at a low cost? Look no further as Muniwar Technologies Pvt Ltd provides one of the best Portal Development Services.
We also provide solutions like CRM Development, ERP Development , Facebook App Development, Software Product Development, Drupal Website, Joomla Website, WordPress Website Development, Social Media Management, Viral Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and much more at low prices.